We all tend to naturally want change in our lives around spring, especially around the house! Put away your winter sweaters, do a little purging of things you don't need for the warmer weather, and it's time for a springtime spruce! Here are a few of my favorite ideas to keep your living space fresh and welcome in the new season.
1. Plants and Vases. One of the easiest ways to refresh a room is with plants. Air plants are an amazing addition to any room as they don't need soil and only require a soaking in water once a week to keep them alive (perfect for the person with no extra time and no green thumb!). I love handmade local pottery, especially Fred Follansbee's that we carry at the store (shown above on left). Each of his pieces are one-of-a-kind. Perfect for a gift too!
2. Prints. A great way to show your personality in your home is by hanging artwork! Prints are an easy and affordable way to perk up any space. I love these sassy prints by Fresh Line Illustration. Super cuteness in the kitchen!
3. Tableware. Refreshing a room doesn't have to be a huge overhaul - sometimes it can be as simple as adding a pop of color to a room. These handmade glass coasters by Kiku Handmade are an easy way to add something bright to your table. It's amazing what a large difference can be made by something small and personal!
4. Barware. Want to add some flair to your home bar? Try a funky cocktail shaker, or go for the every-girl-is-obsessed-with-these mason jar shot glasses. Bonus points if you find a tiny straw to match!
5. Candles. As someone who believes you can never have enough candles, these Paddywax relish jar candles are particularly dangerous. Cute, colorful, and they smell oh-so-wonderful. My current favorite is the salted grapefruit, but it changes weekly!