Check out our favorite family activities for summer in Chicago! Whether you're trying to beat the heat or enjoy the great outdoors, get the kids together and enjoy everything beautiful Chicago has to offer!
1. Chicago Parks. Chicago has so many parks and free programs, it would be a shame not to take advantage! Some of my favorite activities and places to visit are:
- Lincoln Park Zoo. Go see the animals and check out the beautiful walkway around the pond!
- Movies in the Park! Check out all of the listings here or search by park here.
- Free Swimming at Holstein Park and Smith Park.
- Garfield Park Conservatory. Go take pics with the kids!
- Millennium Park. Take the kids to see the bean, or check out some of the upcoming events and shows at the Pritzker Pavilion here!
- The Lake and Beach. The lakefront trail and beaches are hard to pass up with their scenic views! Let the kids splash around some water or rent bikes and ride the trail!
Get out there and have some fun!