Happy Handmade Holidays! Here is one of many great Holiday Craft Projects we have created to spread holiday cheer. We will be releasing craft tutorials throughout the whole month of December. If you are in Chicago, check out our holiday class page and come visit us to craft in our inspirational studio. These beautiful photographs were taken by the lovely Madeline Northway Photography.
Here are some lovely holiday themed terrariums Nicole Northway created. These are great center pieces for your table or wonderful on your fireplace mantle! These specific ones are for sale at One Strange Bird at 2124 W. Division Street in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood.
Here are the ingredients: Vintage holiday toys, bottle brush trees (new or vintage), white, blue, and natural colored sand, pebbles, glitter, Christmas themed floral picks, and glass containers.
I got all of my supplies from JoAnne fabric. It is my favorite go-to place for inspiration. To make the terrariums follow these easy steps below:
1. Choose your glass container. You can find them really cheap at the Dollar Tree or at local Thrift Stores.
2. Begin with a layer of sand. Shake your sand to one side of the other to create unique angled patterns. After about an inch or two, change sand colors. You can use just blue and white or more natural colors like the first picture.
3. Leave about 1-3 inches at the top of your container. This will depend on how tall your "trees" are.
4. Start to sculpt your Winter Wonderland by placing your bottle brush trees under the top layer of sand.
5. Cut up your holiday floral elements and stick them into the sand to add some pops of color, add in your vintage figurines, and add any other little elements.
6. Sprinkle a little glitter to be your "snow" and you have your winter wonderland!
Stay tuned for next week's post: Terrarium Ornaments!