It's that time again - Fall in Chicago! Our favorite time of year. The weather will be absolutely perfect for baking up a storm (once the temperature drops this weekend!). Here are 5 of our favorites to try this season!
1. Baked Apples. If you are a semi-regular baker, you will already have everything you need to whip out these beauties - they are super easy. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Core the center of the apple, leaving the bottom part to hold all the goodies. Put 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg and 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon in the cored apple. Next, add 1 tsp. of brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of butter. Pop them in the oven for 45 minutes, and you have a gorgeous dessert! Add a little whipped cream on top for some flair. Bonus points if you go all in and pick your own apples to use, like we did!
2. Crockpot Chili. Chili goes with every occasion once the cold fronts hit - it's the perfect comfort food (and vegetarians can easily customize it too!). Head on over to The Everygirl to see our favorite (easy!) recipe! You can either stick it in the crockpot and forget about it until dinner time, or whip it up on the stove top at the end of a long day.
3. Pumpkin Sugar Cookies. Of course a fall recipe list is incomplete without cookies (and pumpkin cookies, to boot!). Check out Cooking Classy's Pumpkin Sugar Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting - they taste even more amazing than they look!
4. Roasted Vegetables. Just because it's autumn doesn't mean you need to fall off the health wagon! Fall vegetables and squashes are delicious when oven-roasted, and give you your daily dose of veggies. Spoon Fork Bacon has an amazing recipe for roasting root vegetables that is sure to impress even the pickiest eaters!
5. Mulled Apple Cider. One of our favorite things about fall is all of the yummy spices! Check out this crockpot apple cider recipe from No. 2 Pencil - a must at your next dinner party! This recipe is booze-free, so the kids can enjoy too!
Share some of your favorite fall recipes with us in the comments! Enjoy!