Looking for something else to do when temperatures drop and you're bored of the same old bars? Here's our list of date ideas that will keep things exciting even when the weather is drab!
1. Ice Skating Try Millennium Park's newest addition to their collection of ice rinks: an ice ribbon! When your muscles get tired and your nose is sufficiently frozen, warm up inside with a hot chocolate (with whipped cream, of course!).
2. Adler Planetarium Gaze at the stars here in the big city! Explore one of the Adler's many exhibitions or shows, and take a peek at their schedule of Illinois resident discount days.
3. Chicago Cultural Center Take advantage of all the amazing shows and exhibitions the cultural center has to offer! From music, theater, dance, visual arts and more, there is something for everyone!
4. BYOB Painting Get to know your creative side and attend a painting class! One Strange Bird in Wicker Park provides a fun, relaxed environment for your next date night - the only thing you need to bring is the wine! Sign up online here.
5. Arcade Bar Heat things up by challenging your date to a competition! Emporium in Wicker Park and Logan Square and Headquarters Beercade in Lincoln Park have great selections of old school and new games (not to mention great beer lists!).
Stuck at home? Snowed in? Just plain don't want to go outside? We don't blame you. Here are 5 more ideas for when date night includes flannel jammies.
1. Cook a new recipe together Experiment! Try that weird ingredient you've been meaning to try for ages. Ask grandma for her famous cookie recipe. Relax and chow down.
2. Foot rub, wine, and Netflix This one is pretty self explanatory. Light a cozy fire while you're at it!
3. Table Topics A conversation starter more than a game, Table Topics comes in a variety of subjects. Try the one for couples!
4. Read to each other When you're tired of the television or board games, cuddle up in a blanket and share your favorite book or short story.
5. Build a fort and sleep in it Act like a kid again! Make your fort super comfy with extra pillows and blankets. Get real fancy by adding twinkle lights.
Cozy up to your loved one and enjoy!