Mother's Day is coming up this Sunday! This handmade envelope tutorial is perfect for your long letter to your mom telling her how much you love her. These envelopes are easy to make and can be as simple or decorative as you like. So grab your washi tape and modge podge and get ready to make a gift your mama will adore!
Materials Needed: -Envelope template or old envelope -Paper -Pencil -Scissors or an x-acto knife -Glue or modge podge -An old paint brush
Decorative Add Ons: -Washi tape -Colorful string (I love Divine Twine) -Craft scissors
1. First you will want to decide on an envelope color scheme. You will have the outside of the envelope and then can choose to add a decorative liner on the inside and fun accents on the outside.
2. Next you will need an envelope template or an old envelope that you can take apart. There is a huge variety of templates online to choose from, but you can also just measure a envelope you already have or take one apart or lay it flat as a template.
3. Trace your template on to the paper you have chosen for your envelope and then cut it out. Fold the sides of the envelope with a ruler or a bone folder if you have one.
4. If you would like to add a liner to your envelope you can trace your template onto an accent paper. If you only want to cover the top flap and the inside of the envelope, you can cut the three sides you are not using off your template and then trace it on to the paper. Once you have cut your liner, apply modge podge to the inside of the area with a brush and then burnish the area with your hand or a bone folder. Attach the sides together with a little bit of modge podge.
5. Add as much cuteness as possible (or as much as your mom would appreciate!) I used washi tape because it is easy to use and looks very polished, even if you are not a pro-crafter.
All you have to do now is find a cute card or create one yourself! We think your mom will love these sweet little envelopes.